Printing Services San Francisco – Who does Same Day Printing?
Walk down a typical street in any major city, like San Francisco, and you’ll see posters hanging all over the place; in shop windows, on utility poles, buses, and benches.
Walk into a shopping centre or public building and you’ll be sure to find a variety of posters telling you what to buy or where to go.
Posters have long been an eye catching way for advertisers to get their message across. SFBayPosters.com understands that since our inception! But until recently, poster printing has also been somewhat expensive.
Prior to the development of digital printing technology, the most common method for poster printing was lithography.
Poster prints are great for decorating your walls. Whether your poster is displaying a picture of a popular musician or sports star, a poster print can bring life and excitement to any room. Custom poster printing offers us additional creativity by allowing us to print unique posters. We are free to express ourselves through photography, graphic design, collage design, photo editing and typography. Here are five wonderful ideas for custom poster prints that will add excitement and life to your interior.
1. Collage posters are a great way to display a large number of pictures in a single location without crowding your wall space. By combining many photos on a single poster, you create a visual focal point of design. When viewed from a distance, a collage poster adds color and depth to a wall, but upon closer inspection a collage poster is able to tell many stories in the form of lively and animated images.
2. Group photo poster prints are great for businesses and organizations. It is a common practice to enlarge group photos such as company photos, team photos and church group photos. Poster prints are great for group photos because they offer an affordable solution to printing photos in very large sizes. Many group photos include a large number of people and a small sized print would make it difficult to see people's faces. However, a professional poster printer will be able to create poster prints that are as large as 60 inches tall and 100 inches wide while maintaining great image quality.
3. Artistic photography poster prints have the ability to add depth and color to any room. For example, landscape photography prints create a window effect for smaller rooms by adding a visual outlet. Black and white photography prints can create an atmosphere of artistic contemplation with simple lines and contrasting detail. There are many types of artistic photography that make fantastic poster prints for decorating your home or office.
4. Typography poster prints are great for adding an element of design while displaying a message. These types of posters are often used for the walls of businesses. For example, a typography poster print might inform restaurant goers about the history of a particular restaurant. Displaying this information on a typography poster print allows the information to be available for patrons while adding an artistic element to the overall theme of the restaurant's interior.
5. Portrait poster prints such as baby portraits, family portraits or wedding portraits add a personal touch to your interior design. Parents can proudly display portraits of their children and married couples can share the memory of their wedding day. The best interior designs combine balance, color and individual personality. Portrait poster prints can contribute to all three of these important aspects.
There are a countless number of ways in which to use a poster print in your next interior design project. Custom poster printing allows for creativity and originality. Consider trying one of these five ideas the next time you decorate.
Lithography is an offset printing process which involves creating an image on a plate, then using that plate to transfer the image to a rubber blanket and then to the paper.
A system of water repulsion is used to protect non-printed surfaces from absorbing ink.
Lithography provides extremely crisp and clean prints especially where photographs are used as part of the image.
But the downside is cost. On a per-piece basis, Lithograph printing is cost-prohibitive for small quantities, because set-up time for the press is built into the price. Regardless of how many prints are being made, set-up costs are the same.
The only way to bring the per-piece price down is to order in large quantities. It’s not uncommon for printers to have minimum quantity requirements in order to justify the time and expense of press set-up.
Advances in digital printing are revolutionizing poster printing as well the entire print industry.
Layouts and images are now often designed before hand by the customer and delivered to the printer on a disc. This eliminates the need for the services of the print shop’s in-house layout department, saving time and money.
With digital there are no plates to prepare, no inks to blend, and no monitoring of presses to assure consistency.
Digital printing uses large-scale inkjet printers attached to a standard desktop computer.
A minor amount of image manipulation might be required to match the image to the printer’s format, but once that’s done it only takes a mouse click and you’re off and printing.
And modern fade-resistant inks mean a final product which rivals lithography in overall quality.
Additionally, the efficiency and speed of digital printing today result in a lower cost per piece for smaller jobs.
It virtually guarantees a consistent product throughout the run and also allows further runs be produced with no additional set-up.
For individual consumers, digital printing offers them the ability to make a poster or two for their own family gatherings, holidays, and other special occasions without ever leaving home.
Images can be created on the home computer then uploaded to the site of an online print shop. One just needs to enter payment and shipping information and then wait for his posters to arrive. It couldn’t be simpler.
There’s still plenty of room for both lithography and digital in the world of poster printing.
Each has its advantages and disadvantages depending on customer needs. Yet regardless of which process is used, one thing’s for certain: the print industry continues to evolve.
There are two ways to do poster printing: the right way and the wrong way. Anyone would want to do it the right way. In order to do poster printing the right way, you can follow the five easy tips given below that help you in getting it done properly:
1. Make it digital - Nowadays, everything is digital and you can turn your poster printing also into digital. By getting digital designs and using the digital technology in printing, you can finish your job faster and with less expense. There are some potent design softwares which will help you in creating designs digitally. Digital printers will be of great assistance in producing and printing the digitally designed posters.
Another great benefit of digitalization of the poster making process is that you have more freedom to change or combine the different design elements; you no longer have to reassemble the array of printing machines if there is any change in design. It is really easy to rectify errors. Digital templates will help you to create several versions of the same poster for different locations and different requirements.
2. Check everything thrice - The right approach to poster printing demands that you are extremely vigilant during the creation and obsessed with perfection. This implies that you have to check your poster and its matter several times; at least do a triple check prior to sending the poster for printing.
Only through this method can you ensure the quality and the right procedure of a poster. If you skip this essential quality check, it will lead to risky situations that arise from errors that can spoil your reputation as a professional. Hence, it is very important to do a triple check for every poster.
3. Ensure the use of only the finest materials - You need to use the finest materials for the right way of poster printing. You may want your posters to last longer and also create an impression on the onlooker through the quality of its materials. Therefore, do not hesitate to buy the best poster paper and inks even if its means spending some extra money. This will ensure that all your posters are visually appealing and effective in conveying the message with elegance.
4. Select the proper printing methods - It is very important for poster printing to be right to select the right printing methods. This implies the right dimensions, quality inks, holes, eyelets, and many other printing requirements. Hence, you must get a thorough knowledge of the available printing options by enquiring your poster printer. This will greatly enhance the appearance and effectiveness of the poster.
5. Look for the finest company - Finally, in order to do poster printing the right way, you must look for the most reputable poster printing company. This can be done by performing a detailed search on the Internet; you can also do offline research. Make comparisons of the rates, quality of printing, and delivery choices, and make the most suitable one that can meet your requirements. You may need time to find out the finest printer; but, the end result should justify the time you took.
If you follow these five tips, you can do poster printing the right way.