Printing Services San Francisco – Who does Same Day Printing?
Walk down a typical street in any major city, like San Francisco, and you’ll see posters hanging all over the place; in shop windows, on utility poles, buses, and benches.
Walk into a shopping centre or public building and you’ll be sure to find a variety of posters telling you what to buy or where to go.
Posters have long been an eye catching way for advertisers to get their message across. SFBayPosters.com understands that since our inception! But until recently, poster printing has also been somewhat expensive.
Prior to the development of digital printing technology, the most common method for poster printing was lithography.
I am coming down off of a big E3 highthis week! There were lots of great announcements, but I'm especially excitedabout Nintendo announcing two new Metroid games, prime 4 and Samusreturns; or another, another Metroid 2 remake.
So I thought this would be a goodopportunity to highlight part of my collection, this Super Metroid print.
Thisis the only video game poster I have hanging up in my living room.
It's alimited edition, It's hand numbered and signed by Samus herself.
I have number688 out of 2,000.
Not only is it one of my favorite pieces of official Samusartwork but another really cool feature is that this poster glows in the dark.
I'll show you more of that at the end of this video.
I was lucky enough to pickthis up from a good friend of mine but originally this limited edition printwas only available through the Nintendo Power Supplies Catalog.
I pulled out myold catalogs to show you more about it.
This was featured in the winter 1994edition.
I did glanced through the other catalogs and I didn't see it listedanywhere else so I think this was the only chance to get one of these.
It wasoriginally listed for $15.
Now I did order other pieces through thesecatalogs.
If you guys have any interest in that, show it in the comments andmaybe in a future video I can go through the catalogs and show the itemsthat I still have.
Now let's take a look and see what it looks like in the dark.
The catalog claims it's 10 times cooler at night so let's just see what youthink.
As much as I love this poster there aretwo things that I don't like about it.
If you can figure out what those two thingsare, please feel free to comment.
And I just want to thank you once again forjoining me in this quick video.
I hope it was enjoyable and that you learnedsomething new maybe.
I am hard at work at finishing other videos so if you'd liketo see more, obviously subscribe.
Either wayplease have a great day!.
Lithography is an offset printing process which involves creating an image on a plate, then using that plate to transfer the image to a rubber blanket and then to the paper.
A system of water repulsion is used to protect non-printed surfaces from absorbing ink.
Lithography provides extremely crisp and clean prints especially where photographs are used as part of the image.
But the downside is cost. On a per-piece basis, Lithograph printing is cost-prohibitive for small quantities, because set-up time for the press is built into the price. Regardless of how many prints are being made, set-up costs are the same.
The only way to bring the per-piece price down is to order in large quantities. It’s not uncommon for printers to have minimum quantity requirements in order to justify the time and expense of press set-up.
Advances in digital printing are revolutionizing poster printing as well the entire print industry.
Layouts and images are now often designed before hand by the customer and delivered to the printer on a disc. This eliminates the need for the services of the print shop’s in-house layout department, saving time and money.
With digital there are no plates to prepare, no inks to blend, and no monitoring of presses to assure consistency.
Digital printing uses large-scale inkjet printers attached to a standard desktop computer.
A minor amount of image manipulation might be required to match the image to the printer’s format, but once that’s done it only takes a mouse click and you’re off and printing.
And modern fade-resistant inks mean a final product which rivals lithography in overall quality.
Additionally, the efficiency and speed of digital printing today result in a lower cost per piece for smaller jobs.
It virtually guarantees a consistent product throughout the run and also allows further runs be produced with no additional set-up.
For individual consumers, digital printing offers them the ability to make a poster or two for their own family gatherings, holidays, and other special occasions without ever leaving home.
Images can be created on the home computer then uploaded to the site of an online print shop. One just needs to enter payment and shipping information and then wait for his posters to arrive. It couldn’t be simpler.
There’s still plenty of room for both lithography and digital in the world of poster printing.
Each has its advantages and disadvantages depending on customer needs. Yet regardless of which process is used, one thing’s for certain: the print industry continues to evolve.
Advertising media are designed for readers who have time to stand or sit and read for a while; on the other hand, a poster speaks to the audience on the move. An effective 27x39 poster printing captures the attention of audiences and sends the message across in a matter of seconds.
Posters spark with magic and drives the audience to take the desired action through the snappy message wrapped in posters. The visual elements used in posters for advertising are truly some of the most original and creative concepts there are, if you've managed to observe carefully.
David Ogilvy, a worldwide recognized media expert, says that only as little as 4% of print ads are read by its target market. Due to the millions of advertisements vying for everyone else's attention, only the successful, brilliant and arresting ones win.
Corporations, from small to large scales, pay large amounts of money for advertisements because publicity indeed brings much higher rewards.
Give your marketing and advertising campaign a boost by using 27x29 posters that immediately arrests your readers' attention. And to help you better, here are ideas to make your 27x39 poster printing more effective.
1. A successful poster tells the story quickly. It must also be screaming for your attention. All it takes is one look for your target audience to find your poster interesting or not.
2. Use of striking colors is important, but all the same, it must reflect an almost stark simplicity.
3. Another error is a busy image for a background. A backdrop with too many details, especially small ones, will definitely drown the copy of your poster no matter what.
4. Use simple layouts.
5. The message must be brief and convincing. You can do this by using bold, short texts. Or you can also let your visuals do the work for you by coming up with a truly stunning design.
6. The body copy must be legible. This can be done by observing the spaces between texts so it doesn't look too busy. In this manner, your target audience are more encouraged to read your poster.
7. For better fonts, a study shows that the use of Serif font increases comprehension five times more than the use of Sans Serif font.
8. Research shows that the normal optimal flow is from top to bottom, left to right. A person's gaze would start from the upper left then progressing towards the right. It can also be top to bottom. Doing otherwise would only prove to be too complicating for your audience to read.
9. Technical jargon must be eliminated and the use of phony-sounding clichéd words such as "Industry leader," "Leading edge," or "The best" must be downplayed.
10. A Roper Starch study presents that most posters do not answer the questions posed by the reader. The answer to the question "What's in it for me?" is the main driver to a customer's action. A specific and compelling explanation as to how the desired action is favorable to the reader wins.
11. The use of specific appeal for design quality. After the brief, subtle, striking message of a specific purpose, a single theme must be aimed to put a "feeling" to the product, service, event or attitude.
12. Using themes or colors effectively attract readers and can help influence their decisions.
Effective publicity, good or bad, brings tremendous success to any endeavor be it a product, service, idea or event. Hence, such investment must be undertaken meticulously. Your 27x39 poster printing must be well-planned and well-executed. Otherwise all your efforts may be put to waste. Follow these guidelines and know just how well your 27x39 poster works for you.